Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pere et Roi

Dear Father,

How have you been? It feels like forever since I wrote you; I'm sorry for that. On the bright side, we've still been talking just as much as before. I hope You think that's more important than whether or not I write you letters on my blog. I think it is, so I feel good about that. These last couple of years have been so strange, haven't they? Well, they probably aren't to You. I mean, You know the end of the story, so You know why everything had to happen the way it did whereas I'm still trying to figure it out. I love jigsaw puzzles -- especially the big, difficult ones -- but this has been stumping me. I know You know better than I do, though, so don't worry. I'm still trusting You.

Since this is still the beginning of this year, I just thought I'd write and ask you for one thing here, maybe a few others in private. Please help me to become the man You want me to be. I know a lot of that is up to me too and I'm working on that. But I also know that You can move mountains and change climates and affect things like no other, so I just thought I'd ask you for some help too. I know they aren't the same, but still. You know me. :)

So yes, that is all. I hope Your year is wonderful as well. I'll make sure I can do whatever I can to help make it a good one.

No comments: