Monday, February 14, 2011

jumping for joy

It's hard for me to put myself "out there" romantically.

Not that I've never done it or anything. It's just...it always seems like when I really try to extend myself and let a girl know how I feel about her, it always ends up with me picking up the pieces.

It's enough to dent a guy's confidence. Don't get me wrong; I know exactly what I'm worth as far as a potential spouse and all that. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good guy and will be a great husband if that situation ever presents itself. But, come on...

Ever since I was a young buck, I've tried to woo the lady. Whether it was love notes in 5th grade on Valentine's Day or poems in college, I've kept coming up dry.

And yet, I find myself, once again on the ledge. Ready to leap.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody.

No comments: