Monday, July 28, 2008

Awestruck

God is just amazing. I mean, seriously. Just think that a being big enough to create this scene above loves each and every one of us and knows us better than we know ourselves.

There really are no words.

I love looking at the sky. If I could do it for an entire day, I probably would. There's something about looking up at God's creation that just...I don't know. I can't verbalize it. Even on those days when there are barely any clouds or when the only ones are those thin, stringy, weak-looking ones that look like tattered toilet paper, it's enough to make me stop and watch. My favorite days are ones in which it's either already rained or it looks like it's going to. Those thick, water-filled clouds are the best!

Any time you feel like things are going too fast or your day is feeling out of control, I advise you to just stop what you're doing and look up at the sky for a second. The first thing you'll notice is that when you're standing still, it's easy to see the clouds moving. Funny how the world is the same way isn't it? Only when you stop yourself do you realize just how much is going on around you.

Maybe that's why I like it.
Maybe it's my own little daily microcosm of the hectic business of the world.
Or maybe it's just scenes like this...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions