Saturday, November 29, 2008

Goodwill

So, my mom's guy has cancer. It's in some of his endocrine organs. It's pretty progressive and he's pretty old, so the writing is pretty much on the wall as far as I know. It's really more a matter of "when" moreso than "if" at this point.

I've been trying to spend more time with him, which is pretty much the complete opposite of what used to happen. I was rubber and he was glue. Anything he'd try to do with me would bouce off and wind up sticking on him. We had our fare share of rubs, no matter the subject it seemed. But now I'm trying to make a concerted effort to be more friendly, more welcoming, more like myself. It's a shame it took this for me to act like this, but it's better late than never. At least that's what I tell myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.