Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where'd The Funny Go?

I read some old MySpace conversations I've had back in the day and I can't help but wonder what happened. As my eyes scanned the digital canvas of flirtations past, I started thinking about my current feelings and all that and I something is definitely different. I mean, I was funny, witty, nice, etc. Now, it's just not as prevelant. I don't know. I mean, it's not like someone stole my puppy or something, but come on.

Maybe I'm just a little older and "wiser." I guard my heart much more now, which I think is a good thing. I mean, that's what we're supposed to do during the weeding out process. When you leave yourself too open, you get hurt way more often than need be. Opening it up at the right time (or knowing when that is) would probably help.

Not sure if I'm more jaded or if I've learned my lesson from past burns. Either way, I need to crank up the funny quotient. I used to be a staple. I'd be hard pressed to say it's even a thumb tack now.

2 comments:

www.johnicareed.com said...

bring Sean v1.0 back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean said...

haha. i don't even know if YOU knew v1.0. i think you got like 1.5 or something.