Friday, June 6, 2008

Just a few things I'm thinking about...

Am I less of a man because I happen to enjoy Sex and the City?
I have body hair, a deep voice, fairly large hands and played football for 11 years of my life, does that offset knowing who Aidan is and feeling his pain?

The wedding for one of my best friends is in a little more than a month.
I couldn't be happier about that.
Unfortunately, I'm unemployed and don't really have money for their gift. Maybe I'll get them a ladel or silverware set or something.

After talking with a couple friends about my Top 5 Women Over 35 Who Still Rock My Socks, I thought I might have missed a couple of ladies who should not be left off the list: Persia White and amazing, indominable Lisa Bonet. Yes, please. Now, while Persia isn't yet 35 (still just 31! She's within bonafide striking distance), she's disqualified from the running. If she was 35, though, she'd supplant somebody...possibly Salma. Heresy, I know. Lovely Lisa, however, just turned 40(!) last year, so she's gotta find a spot on the list. So, I thought about it for a bit and Lisa -- who is probably the reason I like the ladies that I like -- moves all the way up to No. 2, bumping Halle to third and Salma out of the Top 5. Sad times, but it had to be done. No way I can leave out the lady who has shaped my dating tastes. Cheers!

No comments: