Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Third Time's A Charm?

Over the last year, I've applied to work for a certain magazine two different times.

The first time, I felt great about things. I was a naive 25-year-old who pretty much just assumed he'd get any job he wanted. Previous experiences had lent to the mindset and so when I found out they'd filled the job internally, I didn't take it especially well.

Time No. 2 was entirely different. Well, not quite. I was still 25, probably still a little naive about the job application process, but definitely a little more jaded about the situation since at that point I'd been turned down for one that had enthralled me even more than the previous position.

So I applied.
And got a postcard back thanking me for my application and that I'd be informed further if they liked what they saw. That was all I heard from them.

I have applied once again, at the wise old age of 26, not expecting to get the job, but fully confident I can get the job done should they be wise enough to see what I'm about.

Hopefully, the third time's the charm.
I'd appreciate full-time employment again.

No comments: