Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Crazy Eyes



Does this look like the vision of a sane individual?

No?

Right, not to me either.

Yes, I'm a Raiders fan...trying to get through every agonzing season week by week.

I mean, I love the Giants. I'm a Bears fan.

But the Raiders are my team. That's why it pains me to see what's going on these days. If they'd just give Lane Kiffin more freedom to do things his way, things would continue to improve. As it is, Al will probably fire him before the season ends and then choose some other coach he thinks he'll be able to walk all over, only to realize after the fact that the guy actually wants some kind of control over the team decisions. That's not something Mr. Davis will allow, so he'll fire him and continue the pattern.

I like Lane. I think what he lacks in experience, he makes up for in smarts and ability to inspire. You need that in a leader/coach. They are undoubtedly more competitive than they were during the Art Shell Debacle: Part Deux and I guarantee they win more than six games this year if he continues to be the coach. (Granted, six isn't alot, but I'm taking my wins where I can get them at this point. Anything around .500 ball would be a great improvement and would make me feel great about where we're headed as a team.)

But that won't happen, thanks to the crazy-eyed old man on the right. Sad to say, but they probably won't be consistenly winning again until he dies. Ask any true Raiders fan and we all know it's true. He's a lunatic...and just like the worst ones, he has absolutely no clue.

No comments: