Saturday, September 6, 2008

Miss Windy

You haunt me like the perfect imperfection of a first kiss, calling my name when I least expect it, reminding me why I want to be around you every time I reminisce. I remember the first time I saw your dreary face. You weren't looking your best, but I still took notice.

I left with not much more than memories, but hindsight is helping me see you clearly. I will return and we'll pick up where we left off, all too abruptly, all to suddenly. Even when I knew it was time to go, it snuck up on me and makes me yearn for the first few days when I was getting to know you better.

My heart skipped beats as I explored you, making sure to take it slow and not go too far, since it was just our first time together. The thought that I only skimmed the surface, merely chipped the iceberg's tip, makes me wonder just how many surprises you have left for me. You left me like only the best comedians know how to do, solely wanting more of you.

Every day I go, someone mentions your name, tantalizing my brain, making me wish I was with you, chilly breath kissing my cheeks, heating me up once again. Your cold touch may scare some off, but to me, it felt like home.

No comments: