Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Stepping Out

I'll have much more to say on this subject in a few days (I've been putting it together in my head for weeks), but for now this will have to do:

I have absolutely no clue what direction my life will turn next. The events of this year have changed almost everything about its course. It's a relatively terrifying thought process. I kinda feel like Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade where Indy is trying to find the Holy Grail and he's supposed to somehow walk across this 20-foot chasm that appears to have no bridge or any other means to traverse. Then realizes one is there, he just can't see it, so he has to trust that it's there. He takes the step and totally almost falls and you can tell he thinks this is it, but then a split-second later, his foot impacts the camouflaged beam leading directly towards the entry on the other side. It'd been there all along. He just needed to have faith.

That's all it comes down to.

No comments: