Monday, August 11, 2008

Inspiration?

If you're like me and have seen The Dark Knight more than once, then you've probably noticed the trailer for The Watchmen, an adaptation of a graphic novel. (Think Sin City, but with superheroes.) I bring it up because, while I'm not yet sold on the movie, I loved the fact that they played Smashing Pumpkins' The Beginning is the End is the Beginning as the music. There's something about that song that makes it fit perfectly with a movie that has apocalyptic subtexts.

So, I was looking around YouTube for the song, so I could listen to it right now and I found this, from 2006:




Now, if you remember the movie trailer, it must seem a little similar no? That's what I thought too, so just to be sure, I found the Watchmen trailer, released this year:



Hmm...

Eerie coincidence?
Was inspiration taken?
Or was it blatant idea theft?

No comments: