Monday, August 25, 2008

Lack of Sensitivity

Some people leave their hearts in other places.

While I guess that could be true for me on a few different levels, seeing as how ever since I visited friends in Chicago, I've yearned to maintain a residence there, however, I left a little more in the windy city from which four of my top 10 musical artists hail.

No, I left a little piece of my central nervous system.

Ever since I've returned from my wonderful trip, nearly seven months ago, I haven't been able to feel touch on my right forearm. I can still use it just fine (although, the first few times I attempted to work out, a shooting pain would run from my elbow down to my wrist), but I still can't feel when it's touched. It just tingles. There have been times when I've bumped up against things -- chairs, kitchen appliances, sharp knives (kidding) -- and haven't felt a thing. Sounds like something I should probably get checked out, I know, but no health insurance means Sean goes without sensory for a while...at least until this magical, mysterious, elusive new job comes along.

It was chilly, but there's no way that caused it. Maybe when I go back, I'll get it back. Now that would be blog-worthy!

No comments: