Saturday, August 15, 2009

Arachnids? No Phobia.

I hate spiders.

Let me be clear...I'm not afraid of them. I don't have some deep, dark idea that they're going to bite me and kill me or something. Simply, I just don't like them.

When I lived back home, they would be everywhere in my garage and spin webs on my truck. A few times I found them actually hanging off my window sill, just waiting to fall onto my shoulder. Too many times I found myself in a fight, searching for the guerrilla arachnids. I thought once I'd moved that I'd be done with the truck-loving bugs, but it turns out I was just getting started.

Day after day, I wake up to find silky strands on my side mirrors and in the bed of the truck. I went searching for one about a week ago and found one...although, it turns out it wasn't the one I was looking for, but an additional one that I wound up attacking with Febreze.

Still not sure if I actually killed that one.
He'll probably be back.
They always come back.

I awoke this morning to strands all over my passenger-side mirror. They extended all the way up to the top of my door and back to the back of the cabin. I took them down, but I have a feeling they'll be back up in the AM.

I win the battles, but I think they may be winning the war.

2 comments:

Katie Bishop said...

Never move to the Northwest then. There are more spiders here than I've ever seen in my life (and they're huge)!

JR said...

You can't blame the spiders. Who wouldn't want to set up shop around the hotness that is your blue truck?