Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Can't Do It

I stay at work a little later than the rest of my co-workers so I can try to get a little extra done. Some have contended that I might be on the slippery slope towards being a workaholic, but that's another subject for another blog. For now, I'm content to stay late and pump out a few extra questionnaires or do one more data load or whatever I can to make myself useful.

Recently, as I was taking care of a couple of things, the cleaning staff came in. Now normally, there's a guy whose name I can't remember who comes in and we chat about the days events or whatever happens to be on the television screen. Lately, though, the cleaners have been a pair who are decidedly less talkative and definitely a little more suspicious.

Two nights ago, a lady and man came in and did their business and left. But then, about a half hour later, the lady returned and opened the door all sneakily. The second she saw my face, she backed out and closed the door. I just don't trust it. Can't do it.

It's definitely not a racial thing with me. I love all races. Well, except for the America's Cup. Just a little too much yachting if you ask me.

If I notice anything missing, I know the first person I'm fingering.

1 comment:

JR said...

She just wants to watch the free office cable!!

Don't become a workaholic unless you are working for yourself OR doing what you love :)