Friday, August 14, 2009

Pumping Irony

So...

Day 2. I haven't tapped out yet, so that's good. The last time I tried to blog more consistently, things didn't go well. Carnage ensued. I've always struggled with being consistent with this thing. If you look back through my archives, there's no rhyme or reason. I'll go three months of writing and then take four off. Maybe that's why I think this little "every day" experiment will be good for me. Maybe I'll be able to talk some things out and bring humor to others. Who knows.

One thing of which I'm sure is that it'll be good for me to have an outlet for my writing. Right now, the extent of it is contained in the emails I send to clients letting them know I finished loading their data. To be sure, this job is a blessing. It just doesn't allow me to write anymore. My girlfriend has been imploring me to write more, insisting that "you brain is a muscle and if you aren't working it out, then it won't be strong."

It's true. It's not like I don't know that, but it's always good to have someone encouraging you. And, since I've stopped writing, I've felt like I've slipped a little both in conversation and written word.

So yea...I hope this helps. I think it will. My muscles may have atrophied a bit, but I can get back into game shape.

3 comments:

JR said...

I've made your blog my daily escape so now you just HAVE to post daily. If not I will just die, you know, like Julie's readers.

Sean said...

Don't worry, I will. :)

JR said...

Great! As your girlfriend I will hold you accountable!