Monday, August 24, 2009

The Chubbiassance

About 3 years ago, I decided I was done being chubby. I worked HARD and lost 60 pounds in about 7 months. The change was dramatic, yes, but I made sure not to go too fast so that I wouldn't bounce back like a rubber band into the atmosphere.

I had no desire to boldly go where my waistline had never gone before.

For 2 years, I'd been able to keep it off without a problem. I would work out every day and was pleased with where I was, even if I felt like I could stand to lose a couple more pounds.

Last year was tough on me. As I dealt with being unemployed, I put a little back on. Not a lot, but enough that I noticed.

Then I moved to Chicago, where my gym isn't, and have slowly started collecting extra, like the bottom of a fast-moving stream. The sediment is being deposited I'm a few key (and familiar) areas.

Forget the Empire, the Chub has struck back.

Time for the re(re)-dedication.

2 comments:

JR said...

I'm with you on the re(re)-dedication.
I swear they put crack in fast food.

JR said...

I'm with you on the re(re)-dedication.
I swear they put crack in fast food.