Wednesday, August 26, 2009

An Excerpt

I slowly opened my eyes and looked out the agape double doors with the sheer drapes. I could see nothing but the twinkle of the moonlight on the waves as they crashed against the rocky shoreline.

I sat up, wondering what could have woken me up. I never wake up in the middle of the night without something actually waking me. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a sound sleeper, I can just get through the night. Moving to stand, I looked beyond the shore and walked closer to the drapes.

I looked back to the bed and couldn't see anything. The room remained engulfed in darkness until a light breeze blew one side of the drapes back against my leg. As it did, the moonlight flickered through the cavity and exposed her face. I was compelled to go back to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why am I always hoping that these fictional pieces are about/inspired be me?