Saturday, November 7, 2009

I Pick'em

I'm hoping to parlay my accuracy with my survivor picks to every NFL game. I'll keep track during the rest of the season, so we can see just how good (or bad) I am. I'll try to keep these short since there are so many. Alright, there we go:

Redskins at Falcons: Since this is my survivor pick, I'm going to stay with Atlanta. I just don't trust Washington and I don't think any person who isn't a sadist could be a Redskins fan right now. They just...I can't even put into words the frustration that comes with thinking about the Skins. They're talented, but they have zero cohesion. Atlanta is too good to let this team beat them.

Falcons, 35-17

Cardinals at Bears: Living in Chicago, I almost feel compelled to say Bears without even thinking about it. Deeper inspection tells a similar story. The Bears, who are as consistent week to week as a sun dial on a cloudy day, always play better at home. I'm going to give this one to Chicago against the Boldin-less Cards.

Bears, 28-24

Ravens at Bengals: The first matchup this season featured the Bengals winning in thrilling fashion. I don't think this one is as exciting. Baltimore is always tougher the second time around, regardless of where it is. Ray Lewis may not be the player he once was, but he's still good enough to rise to the occassion when his team needs it. Here's saying the Ravens get that win they need to stay in wild-card contention.

Ravens, 21-10

Texans at Colts: This is an interesting little game. If the Texans are ever going to quit being an 8-8 team and finally reach the playoffs, they'll have to start winning games like this, against Indianapolis on the road. Meanwhile the Colts look to stay perfect and do so without Bob Sanders. It's not as easy to pick as you might think. Indy is only getting 4.5 by the linemakers and you automatically get 3 for being at home. I agree.

Colts, 21-17

Dolphins at Patriots: The Pats still remember how Miami ran all over them last year. Belichick doesn't forget; robots are funny like that. I think they'll have a little something cooked up for Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams and that Wildcat offense. New England is beginning to hit its stride at the perfect time with the Colts coming up next week.

Patriots, 31-19

Packers at Buccaneers: Everything points to Green Bay winning this game. It's rookie QB Josh Freeman's first start as a pro, Tampa is just awful this year and the Packers will look to bounce back after the bitter taste of losing to Brett Favre last week. But I just have a feeing...playing at home...in those disgusting creamsicle jerseys...that the Bucs find a way to pull off the upset.

Bucs, 17-14

Chiefs at Jaguars: Ugh...I don't like this game. The only thing worse than having to pick this game is having to watch it. I hope I don't have to. It's probably God's grace that keeps this game blacked out in Jacksonville. Spare them the horror. Let's move on...

Jaguars, 19-10

Lions at Seahawks: The only thing going for the Seahawks at this point is that Matt Hasselbeck isn't hurt right now and that they're playing at home. Since I have Calvin Johnson, I'm going to pick him to get two TDs, especially against that poooooor Seattle pass defense. Alas, it won't be enough.

Seahawks, 21-14

Panthers at Saints: Just when you think they're done, Carolina keeps on kicking. They just...wont...die! Oh, but they will against New Orleans, which has one of the only true homefield advantages left in the NFL. I've never been, and I sure hope to go some day, but I've heard the Superdome is loud, especially when full. Jake Delhomme can only be successful in quiet places when the opposition only has eight guys on the field, none of which are DBs. Saints win going away.

Saints, 34-13

Chargers at Giants: Earlier, Tom Coughlin said this week this game would be a "one-game season." They have to win this week to keep pace in the playoff race. This is a team built for the postseason, not being the third-best in its division. If New York has any moxie left from its Super Bowl team, it'll get the win. San Diego is just as in need of a win, but I don't think it'll matter.

Giants 24-20

Titans at 49ers: Let me just say that I love Mike Singletary. He's very close to reaching the list of "Men I try to model my life after." The only people on that list right now are Tony Dungy, Derek Fisher and my mentor. He's a man of conviction and I believe will be a great coach in this league. I think he gets the Niners get past their recent issues and the Titans, despite Vince Young not wanting to die anymore.

49ers, 24-21

Cowboys at Eagles: This will probably be the best game of this week. I'm truly excited, and not just because I have Donovan McNabb on my fantasy team. The scoring should be plentiful, the excitement should be high and the drama should be right up there with the best games of this year. The Cowboys are back playing well, but there's just something about these Eagles. I have them going to the Super Bowl this year. They need to win these kinds of games for that to happen.

Eagles, 35-31

Steelers at Broncos: I remain unconvinced about Denver and last week's loss to the Ravens only pushed me further to thinking they're a sham. Pittsburgh is always good in those games they have to have and I don't think this will be any different. They will harass and confuse Kyle Orton and Ben Roethlisberger will do more than he needs to to get the road win.

Steelers, 24-14

No comments: