Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Unknown

If I had the answers to many of life's (in particular, my own) questions, things would be much easier, obviously.

I would already know just why God wants me in Chicago.
I would know just what He wants for my life.
I would be able to sell my services out to everyone because we all have those questions.

But if I did have all the answers, nothing would be unknown. I'd be more likely to take the little things for granted because I know the end result. A few of my friend have run marathons recently and during their trainings, they take things slowly. They don't just go out and run a full marathon, they start little and work their way to the end result. Life needs to be like that.

We need to work and trust that the end result will be what we think it can be. I need to do that...and work for the glory of the Lord.

It would be nice to know, but then there'd be no surprise.
I love surprises.

No comments: