Monday, October 19, 2009

The First Casualty

I've never had the most supple of skin. It gets dry about as fast as a water hole in the African savannah. But this, what's happening now, is ridiculous.

As you can see down below this post, I made a comment about how I'm not really ready for the winter yet. Let me be clear: November - February snow I'm ok with. I'm expecting that. I know where I live. October snow though? Nope, no thanks. Veto.

As it's been getting colder, I've noticed my skin has just not liked it very much. Already supa-dry, this doesn't usually happen until really late in the game.

Elbow's all itchy.
Face doesn't want to stay moisturized.
Lotion me up! I'm in need.

1 comment:

JR said...

This is why applying moisturizer EARLY in the game is essential. Your skin's moisture reserve is just like your bodies - built up over time. You shouldn't drink water only when you're thirsty - by that time you are already dehydrated, as is your skin.

On that note, I will email you a list of repair creams. Exfoliation is also key and helps products absorb. Otherwise, the outer layer of dead skin is soaking up all of the product.

If only people listened to me ahead of time, their skin would never crack and they'd be wrinkle free!