Sunday, October 25, 2009

Vapid

I really can't think of a thing.

I could talk about how today I booked my flight home for Christmas and how excited I am to see my friends and family because it's been five months since I've seen them and will have been seven by then. I've missed them all.

I could talk about how I found a place to live in the city and that it might be small, but it seems just right for right now.

I could talk about the pitfalls of a long-distance relationship and how hard it is when you can't see the person you want to because you don't make enough at the moment for the airfare...how even the most patient people can lose it at times.

I could talk about how, for whatever reason, I'm having a hard time getting over my hesitance to get back into church and how my knowledge that I need to somehow doesn't correspond with action.

I could talk about plenty of things, obviously. But the ability to be creative with those things, at least right now, isn't happening. Just facts.

1 comment:

JR said...

The best advice I have for you (and anyone else) is...It's simple, just go for it.

Get out of your head, stop thinking about it, overanalyzing and...just do something - anything - everything.

As much as most people would like to believe that the state of their life is some fate that was written long ago, it's not. Our lives are a sum of decisions, actions and regrets, also influenced by the environments and people we choose to place ourselves in/around. Place yourself in inspiring environments, around inspiring "go-getters" and trust me, you will feel a change.

Two tips that have helped me live the life I want -

You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with - so make sure you hang around greatness and not complacency.

In professional settings - aim to be the youngest person in the room. You will be surrounded by wisdom and it's an instant sign that you must be doing something right.