Sunday, October 4, 2009

Haves and Have Nots

Let me preface this blog by stating that I definitely know I'm a blessed man. I am loved. I have life, a job and a roof over my head. I know how God has blessed me. I'm conscious of it.



I don't have much.

I live in a 97-year-old house with windows painted shut and a shower head that, before it was recently fixed, would pop off at a moment's notice while I cleaned myself.

I do not have enough money to travel to see my family nor my girlfriend, who lives in The District and would like to see me. Because of it, it's left me feeling like I perpetually come up short -- not necessarily the feeling you want to have in a burgeoning relationship.


But I do have a girlfriend who loves me and is willing to travel many miles just to see me, even though she already spends many days a month traveling. Maybe she's just dating me for the miles. ;o)

She is willing to come see me because she knows that, right now, I can't come see her.

And I thank her for that. I appreciate her for that. I am thankful because of that.

1 comment:

JR said...

If I fly 20 hrs for a fashion show in South Africa you know I have no problem flying 3hrs for your hugs & kisses :) xo