Thursday, October 22, 2009

On To The Next One

Fresh off the disappointment of something I choose not to mention, I've decided the best way to get over the bad feelings that have been left (for the second straight year) is to simply move on to the next thing on the list.

That's right, the World Champion Los Angeles Lakers begin their season in a few short days! I'd like to thank the Dodgers for allowing me to focus all my energy on them because they are my No. 1 sports team. Period. The end.

I was born just about a block away from what was then the Great Western Forum, then lived about 2 blocks away for the first few years of my life. I was hard-wired with purle and gold data. It's just part of who I am.

The one bad thing that I'll acknowledge is that sometimes I get into it a little too much. But any years I take off my life from feeing the tension are well worth it to celebrate title after title after title after title.

It's like eating a nice steak. Sometimes, even though you know it might clog the arteries, the taste is just too good to turn down. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this season.